At Henry Singer Fashion Group (hsfg) we have always believed that our cornerstone for success is to form long lasting, meaningful relationships - built on respect, trust and integrity.
hsfg is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the integrity of any identifiable information we collect (“Personal Information”). We do not ever rent or sell our customer information.
2.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests, special events and promotions. The following type of information is maintained:
- Contact information; including name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and social media accounts. For marketing purposes, we may use contact information to send you marketing communications and/or promotional information.
- Purchase history in order to understand your needs, recommend products and services and provide ongoing service excellence.
- For customers who apply to us for credit, we have on file the employment and credit information provided to us. Note, we may verify some of the information you give us with your employer or your other references.
2.2 HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Personal Information may be collected during a visit to our store locations, through our web site or direct communication with our staff members. hsfg collects your Personal Information through the following ways:
- Sale transactions. During a sales transaction we will record information such as, phone numbers, mailing address, email addresses and products purchased.
- Electronic or manual forms. In the process of receiving our services we may ask for personal information. This may be necessary to order the appropriate products for you and ensure our level of service excellence.
- Promotional events and contests. hsfg will run in-store or on-line contests or events. When you participate in these events, you may be asked for personal information. We may in turn use this information for marketing promotions.
- Credit Applications. When applying for credit with hsfg you will be asked to complete forms enabling us to verify your financial standing and authorize credit. This will include information on employment, banking, birth date, and personal contact information.
2.3 KEEPING PERSONAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL
Our employees who have access to your information are made aware of how to keep it confidential. In addition, each employee must sign an agreement stating that maintaining confidentiality is a condition of employment with hsfg. Access to personal information by our employees is limited by a “need-to-know” basis.
All paper documents containing personal information are shredded, prior to being disposed.
hsfg does not sell or rent our mailing list or customer information to any third parties. Nor do we release information about you to anyone outside hsfg, without your consent.
There are some exceptions to the above rules. For example we may disclose information without your consent if:
- We contract the services of an outside company to do work for us that involves your information. Examples would be mailing houses and advertising companies used for hsfg purposes. Prior to using such companies we require them to sign an agreement to keep your information confidential.
- Disclose information required for legal reasons. We may be required to release information by a court of law or other legal authority.
- We collect, use or release information for our own protection, such as collection of an overdue charge account.
2.4 MAINTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Every effort will be made to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. Data entry mailing lists are reviewed against Canada Post standards, proofed for correctness, duplications and purged periodically. However, it is in your interest to inform us of any change of name, address or other relevant information. We may request that this be given to us in writing.
Personal information will only be kept so long as we need it maintain our service standards, to offer you products or services, or to meet any legal or regulatory requirements. If you do not wish to receive such information or services please contact our Administration Office and we will remove you from our lists. However, we must maintain a minimum amount of information for clients who have credit arrangements, so that we may manage the agreement accordingly.
2.5 YOUR CONSENT
2.6 CONTACT US
hsfg staff are available to help you with the verification or correction of your personal information.
If you have any concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information please contact us in writing:
- Attention: Privacy Officer
Henry Singer Fashion Group
#165 Manulife Place
10180 - 101 Street
Edmonton, AB, T5J 3S4
- Or e-mail us at email@example.com
We will be happy to assist you. If your concerns have not been addressed adequately, you can contact:
- Office of the federal Privacy Commissioner
Phone: (613) 995-8210; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
112 Kent Street
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1HS
- Office of the provincial Information and Privacy Commissioner
Phone: (403) 297-2728; e-mail email@example.com, or by mail at:
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
#500, 640 - 5th Avenue, SW
Calgary, AB, T2P 3G4